:: Re: [DNG] Advice sought on kernel u…
Startseite
Nachricht löschen
Nachricht beantworten
Autor: wirelessduck
To: dng
Betreff: Re: [DNG] Advice sought on kernel upgrade

> On 13 Aug 2021, at 18:28, Steve Litt <slitt@???> wrote:
>
> terryc said on Fri, 13 Aug 2021 13:55:07 +1000
>

>> Setting up? As in reallocating desktops?
>>
>> I'd be more inclined to look at HW/Sw problems when you are adding
>> something like a 4K screen. Is there sufficient ram?
>
> And...
>
> OP, while you're at it, just for fun run a ram test on all the ram.

Memtest86+ would be a good choice?

http://www.memtest.org/

> And run smartctl on your disks. And lmsensors to read various
> temperatures and fan parameters.

https://askubuntu.com/a/53782

Install lm-sensors package, run `sudo sensors-detect`, and then load the listed kernel modules or add to /etc/modules and reboot.

`sensors` will display the data in a terminal, or you can use various GUI front ends such as psensor or gkrellm.

> It sound like you have an intermittent problem, and that justifies the
> extra corrective maintenance tests of hardware, even though those tests
> will take some time (run them overnight when you're sleeping).

https://www.phoronix-test-suite.com/

Running a few tests from Phoronix test suite might be good for detecting hardware issues?

--
Tom