:: Re: [DNG] malfunctioning graphical …
Author: Haines Brown
To: g4sra via Dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] malfunctioning graphical application
On Wed, Aug 11, 2021 at 10:22:35AM +0000, g4sra via Dng wrote:
> <--snip-->
>
> When you really have no idea where to start (after looking through
> all logs, obviously)...
>
> Use 'ps' with the '-o cmd' option to find out *exactly* how the
> executable is being invoked. After killing everything, paste the
> command in a terminal window and execute it from there. Watch the
> text that scrolls by in that terminal window for anything erroneous!

Thanks for the response. I tried pulling keyboard and substituting
another mouse, but that had no effect. Since I have no other odd
behaviors using mouse to drag I'm not surprised.

I powered down and then could not log beck in when I rebooted. Ran
update-grub from Cimaera on another disk and for some obscure reason
I could then log in.

The problem with mouse-drag does not occur on the other disk disk.

Purging aisleriot and reinstalling did not help

I checked .xsession-errors and other logs and found no signs of
trouble.

I had trouble understanding your suggestion to use ps with -o cmd.
For me, the -o option for the ps command is to specify format. Were you
suggesting that I do: $ ps -o aisleriot ?

Of note is that when I start /usr/games/sol as root the problem
disappars---I can drag cards just fine.

--
Haines Brown