:: Re: [DNG] Starting outline for the …
Author: spiralofhope
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Starting outline for the DNG Safe Programmer Certificate
On Sat, 7 Aug 2021 17:02:17 -0400
Hendrik Boom <hendrik@???> wrote:

> Wikis are often backed by revision management to make it asy for
> administrators to bck out of spam.
> To make sure they are backed up, use a distributed revivion management
> system and make sure there are multiple repositories.

The problem is that a huge amount of work ends up being foisted onto a
sysadmin. Hosting aside, there are plugins for anti-spam, user
management and all kinds of random things which shouldn't be left in
the hands of random people.

I still maintain that collaborative documentation is best done on a
wiki maintained by a few dedicated people though.

Also do note that it's possible to do wiki-like stuff using git wikis
and flat files (likely markdown) at least on GitHub. I don't know if
this sort of thing is reasonable with other systems.