:: Re: [DNG] Nasty Linux systemd secur…
Author: tempforever
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Nasty Linux systemd security bug revealed
Is this commandment (the code of one subroutine fitting into one screen)
an absolute rule?  What about, for example, assembly-language
programming?  Must I buy a bigger screen? :-)
I will admit that I do very little assembly anymore, so this wouldn't
affect me much now.  I have many routines in C that take up many lines
(more than a screen).  I guess I could "compress" them into fewer lines
since the language allows for that, but there goes the readability!
Personally, I fail on this point many times.  Sometimes I use more
instructions than required just to make it more perspicuous what the
code is doing, but I suppose that is breaking rule #1 then!

tito via Dng wrote:
> On Tue, 27 Jul 2021 13:07:01 -0400
> Steve Litt <slitt@???> wrote:
>
>> tito via Dng said on Tue, 27 Jul 2021 08:26:03 +0200
>>

>>> Ten Commandments
>>>
>>> 1) use the least amount of code possible
>>> 2) try harder and go to point 1