:: [devuan-dev] bug#596: bug#595, bug#…
Author: Mark Hindley
To: Hannah Rittich, 596, 595
Subject: [devuan-dev] bug#596: bug#595, bug#596: podman: messages
Control: reassign -1 src:debian-config-override

Hannah,

On Fri, Jul 23, 2021 at 10:55:17PM +0200, Hannah Rittich wrote:
> Package: podman
> Version: 3.0.1+dfsg1-3+b1
> Severity: minor
>
> Using podman on chimaera results in many spurious error messages that result
> from podman trying to write to the systemd journal.
>
> These error messages can be avoided by creating the file
> `/etc/containers/containers.conf` containing:
>
>     [engine]
>     cgroup_manager = "cgroupfs"
>     events_logger = "file"

Thanks for this. As podman is not a forked package and Devuan uses Debian's
packages directly without recompilation we cannot do this directly. However, I
am reassigning to src:debian-config-override and will add a
debian-podman-config-override package to that with your suggested defaults.

Mark