:: Re: [DNG] Nasty Linux systemd secur…
Author: Steve Litt
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Nasty Linux systemd security bug revealed
g4sra via Dng said on Mon, 26 Jul 2021 16:33:45 +0000

>On Monday, July 26th, 2021 at 4:48 PM, Steve Litt
><slitt@???> wrote:

>> Let's start with input field cleansing and
>> protection from errant pointers and buffer overflow. There are many
>> more:

>Yeah, that's what they taught me at college :).

OK, now we're getting somewhere. What other specific things did
college teach you that you need to do to be secure? Write them here,
and we can start giving each other tips on *how* to do each. The
document can be published with a license permitting universal use
but not universal ability to change (we don't want bullshit creeping
in), put it in a prominent place, and help the software world immensely.

SteveT

Steve Litt