:: [DNG] Plasma Wayland on Devuan Cere…
Author: Martin Steigerwald
To: dng
Subject: [DNG] Plasma Wayland on Devuan Ceres
Hi!

Its running!

But with kwin-wayland-backend-drm, not with kwin-wayland-backend-x11
which Apt installs alongside plasma-workspace-wayland by default.

See:

Bug 439629 - kwin/plasma does not start with wayland x11 backend on
Devuan

https://bugs.kde.org/439629

I switched two machines, a ThinkPad X1 Gen 2 Tablet and a ThinkPad X260
to Wayland. My main laptop is still on X11. Need to verify whether for
example Zoom works with Wayland already¹. Since X Wayland appears to be
running alongside of Wayland it may just work.

[1] I am aware of privacy issues with Zoom, but I do compromise on that
for now. And I see they at least had a good go at improving the
situation. I am running Zoom as Flatpak with restricted access to system
and occasionally delete all settings in ~/.var/app/us.zoom.Zoom. Also I
do not have an account with them.

Thanks
--
Martin