:: [DNG] ..tenacity replaces Audacity …
Author: Arnt Karlsen
To: dng
Subject: [DNG] ..tenacity replaces Audacity like Devuan replaces Debian? Tenacity ditches spyware.
Hi,

..tenacity replaces Audacity like Devuan replaces Debian? Tenacity
ditches spyware: FLOSS Audacity Fork without any Telemetry or
Reporting: https://github.com/tenacityteam/tenacity

..background: Not for children: Audacity fans drop the f-bomb after
privacy agreement changes 'Fork.' What did you think we meant?:
https://www.theregister.com/2021/07/05/audacity/ and:
Audacity users stick the knife – and fork – in to strip audio editor
of unwanted [espionage] features:
https://www.theregister.com/2021/07/06/audacity_fork/

..telemetry is nice e.g. when it helps me fly my model aircraft
safely back home to base before they run out of juice, and bad,
when it helps my enemies spy on me.

..aaand, it appears the systemd folks agrees with me: ;o)
https://github.com/Azure/sonic-buildimage/issues/7243
is the top hit from: https://duckduckgo.com/?q=systemd+telemetry

Scenarios always come in sets of three: