:: [DNG] The need to settle: was ntp s…
Author: Steve Litt
To: dng
Subject: [DNG] The need to settle: was ntp setup
Rick Moen said on Tue, 22 Jun 2021 01:51:35 -0700

On Linux, we don't need to settle.

And yet, there's systemd. There's dbus. There's Gnome. All things that
could have been done much better and more simply.

If *we* means Rick and me and the rest of the people on this mailing
list, then "we don't need to settle" is a true statement. But if "we"
means Linux users in general, there seems to be a compulsive need to
settle, and to defend such a decision with a combination of logical
fallacies, bluster, aggression and proud proclamations of "I am not a
programmer."

SteveT

Steve Litt