:: Re: [DNG] USB mount problem
Author: aitor
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] USB mount problem
On 12/6/21 12:22, aitor wrote:

> Hi again,
>
> On 12/6/21 0:46, aitor wrote:
>> Now i'm considering as a possible better approach to create vdev
>> actions for each (ADD|REMOVE|CHANGE)
>
> In the case of eudev, kernel uevents can be listen by "udevadm monitor".

We should distinguish here between two different events:

- The kernel uevent (BIND|ADD|REMOVE|CHANGE)

- The udev event: sent out by udev after the kernel uevent rule processing

Vdev's libudev-compat library removes this netlink connection to udev in
favor of sending serialized device events by writing them as files.

And..., whops! Here, Jude Nelson says:

" It is highly recommended that users install eventfs

https://github.com/jcnelson/eventfs <https://github.com/jcnelson/eventfs>

and use it to host libudev-compat's event directories. "

I didn't install it!

Aitor.