:: Re: [DNG] exim paniclog
Author: Eric Pozharski
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] exim paniclog
On Tue, Jun 01, 2021 at 09:10:38AM +1000, wirelessduck--- via Dng wrote:
>> On 1 Jun 2021, at 05:26, Marc Shapiro via Dng <dng@???> wrote:

>> /var/log/exim4/paniclog on quixote.home has non-zero size, mail
>> system might be broken. The last 10 lines are quoted below.
>>
>> 2021-05-29 19:35:47 daemon: fork of queue-runner process failed:
>> Cannot allocate memory

*SKIP*
> Next time, before just powering down the system, you should try the
> Magic SysRq keyboard shortcuts to see if the kernel is still
> responding.
>
> https://www.kernel.org/doc/html/latest/admin-guide/sysrq.html

(I found out this The Hard Way) If anyone is interested in resorting to
The Magic SysRq in some unforseable future, then such person should
check content of /proc/sys/kernel/sysrq now before it's too late.

> I like to follow the example used on the Wikipedia page which lists
> the Alt+SysRq+REISUB keys for doing a safer reboot than simply just
> hitting the physical power button.

Unfortunately, due to contents of above mentioned 'sysrq' I had no
chance to verify, but may be SysRq+REIV could be enough.

*CUT*