:: [unSYSTEM] Reflecting on the tradit…
Author: psy
To: System undo crew
Subject: [unSYSTEM] Reflecting on the traditional banking system, cryptocurrencies and explaining how I would like them to evolve...
Hi,

I would like to share with you; the future idea I have for a possible
implementation of cryptocurrencies in a socio-political way, and I want
to know your opinion, know the current proposals that you know and have
a more exact vision of where we are on that field...

TLDR;

---------

For me, cryptocurrencies represent, even today, an opportunity, and I
want to explain why...

Sathosi Nakamoto wrote a paper [1] where, as I understand it, a
tactical, mathematical, multilayer software and a network model are
described, where, to improving accessibility to free exchange for many
people, especially those who find problems to have a bank account or are
in a banking system that does not offer any trust.

In short, a radical idea to avoid intermediaries in the economic
transactions that in turn allows to carry an accounting record of trust
and immovable.

An ingenious idea that also allows to individuals and collectives to
escape from an organized control, by a large number of entities, which
demonstrably use bank accounts as a form of submission to the population.

A bank account means registering in an entity that works for governments
and other private companies, who know everything, for very questionable
uses, all our purchases, our needs, our sides most susceptible to being
attacked, our locations, places and times, or deep ideas, etc...

Because a lot of information can be known about someone, if they know
how, when and where an individual consumes. Or how, when and where an
individual gets resources in exchange for life time and work effort.

Even, it also serves for those who want to charge, even If it is
something unfair, do it, since the bank always collaborates with the
embargoes on the people. At least, the bank that can be accessed by 99%
of the population. Not the other, the hidden one, that of duty-free
customs spaces, tax havens, offshore markets, etc...

The "other" traditional banking system in which you need to have a lot
to access more, and which obviously operates outside of all laws and
common people and which should not be questioned, even for the media.
Nor in the one that is not closed by the states despite knowing the
numerous irregularities (and crimes) they commit. Like for example, how
they generate a perpetual debt for those who haven't resources. Or how
they use catastrophes to end the hopes of the victims and give more
wealth to the highest bidder.

That is the idea of social change that I can highlight the most from
this kind of technologies. Obviously, much more is described in the
original paper. So in a way, I am skewing my argument towards the class
struggle. I am aware...

By the way, I remind you of the baseless critics of cryptocurrencies or
to those who have forgotten what the class struggle means; that the
companies that have made the most money in 2020, during a pandemic, are
a delivering company: (Amazon - US$108,500 million) and several
pharmaceutical companies: (Roche Holding - US$31,167million); (Abbvie -
US$22,848 million); (Moderna US$19,982 million).

Do not forget either the US Federal Reserve, which is neither "reserve",
nor "federal", nor does it belong to the United States.

Undoubtedly, the traditional banking system, as we know it, must disappear.

---------

I have read many arguments against cryptocurrencies and I think they all
have a component of naivety, terrible. Of course, blockchain and BTC
(and the first cryptocurrencies that came out later) are not the
solution to a savage, destructive and violent capitalism.

But from my point of view it is a technology, which not by itself, but
with the support of others, can change things at some point (added to
many other changes that must be made, in the will, in power relations,
in mentalities, in ethics, etc... ).

It is another tool that we have, such as the Internet, to solve global
problems from local places. To open borders and face reality as broadly
as possible.

And I'm not saying to improve everything as if it were a utopia, but at
least to stop the madness that we live today.

Furthermore, for the first time it may be that we ourselves may bear the
responsibility even of making mistakes. And avoid being born and being
in a place where everything is already created and we cannot do anything
to change it.

I am concerned, among other things, by the planetary side that looks
with some fear at the current state and the predictive models that show
that infinite growth over a finite place is a very serious error.

The system is corrupt and if it does not change, it will lead us to
extinction.

Even on that issue, where as I said above, I pay special attention, I
find arguments against cryptocurrencies, regarding the energy
expenditure it entails. As if the current banking system did not have a
tremendously higher expense. I would like to know the exact statistics
that corroborate this argument. I can't find them... However, logic
tells me that maintaining electronic systems, but also physical systems,
the amount of paper used, the rented space and all the infrastructure
that builds the world banking system, is undoubtedly much greater than
that of a P2P technology, based on software application.

Still, I find that this technology must continue to advance. That it
should not stagnate in the initial proposal and should therefore receive
additions that make it more effective in its original proposal.

I do not want cryptocurrencies to remain in mere speculation, that
although it is part of the freedom that the blockchain system grants
you, it ends up harming the weakest again or to individuals who have a
good intention of building something interesting to their around.

It is always said that cryptocurrencies are essential in ransomware or
that they are used only for crime, without looking at the enormous
amount of legal transactions that are made every day with it.

As if before cryptocurrencies, scams did not exist. As if the crisis of
2008 had not been a scam perpetrated by Wall Street and its henchmen. As
if billions of dollars were not moved every day to buy and sell weapons,
to buy and sell people or to buy and sell the future, using the
traditional banking system.

The arguments against cryptocurrencies that I have come across are
ridiculous. But, yes, the arguments in favor, sometimes, are scarce.

I don't want to get too long. Since I think that every bit wasted, to
upload something that does not contribute anything, can be decisive in
the stability of our planet. And that is why I do not want to waste an
idea as interesting as the one proposed by Sathosi Nakamoto and I am
looking for a debate where we can meet again, at the root of, for
example, BTC Cash [2], Ethereum [3], Ecoin [4], etc... or any other
project that includes cryptocurrencies that is making a radical and
interesting social change towards a more just and balanced society.

To finish, I am going to tell you my idea for the existing technology
and that is; "lean on other technologies to create a sustainable network
for the 'good people' and the environment".

For example; if someone buys something from someone else, that a certain
part of the final money travels to the delivering company that takes it
to the places in a sustainable, safe and ecological way, that another
part goes to those who plant trees, or who take care of the suffering of
other people, or those who fight to liberate the peoples, as in Rojava,
or even, that you can choose between several projects to which you can
allocate.

Or a system of redistribution of wealth embedded in the technology
itself and that does not depend on the "goodwill" of those who use it.

In a radical way, I want to say that, if for each cryptocurrency
obtained in a ransomware, people who are doing things well receive an
amount, we will be unbalancing an unfair distribution system, through a
direct war against certain accumulators of capital, which may be
targeted direct and anonymous, for example, if they do not change their
policies against workers or their way of extracting resources or
parasitizing, and that is perpetuated, for another where we will be
really balancing the balance of inequality, trying to make a fair
distribution of wealth or at least trying to get it to the places that,
based on ethical values ​​with joint and necessary causes, can
contribute the most to finally materializing it.

Therefore, I do not have a "naive" idea, but rather one of direct
action, but that distributes wealth in the right directions and is not
only dedicated to accumulating or making it change hands, but to minds
that think alike.

Cryptocurrencies have to serve so that there is a trickle of capital to
the social movements that push against the system, the scientists who
help us avoid future problems and individuals who want to make a living
without contributing to the current corrupt system.

For my this technology is a cannon that we must aim at specific places
and not let it turn against us.

And with this I do not mean that the original idea from Sathosi Nakamoto
is not enough. Perhaps it is only a personal wish, and perhaps that is
why I write this, to know if I am alone or not when I think that
everything is not all said about cryptocurrencies and that there is
still a lot of work to be done with them.

If you have read me this far, thank you.

---------

[1] - https://bitcoin.org/en/bitcoin-paper
[2] - https://bitcoincash.org
[3] - https://ethereum.org