:: Re: [devuan-dev] Devuan meet 2021-0…
Author: HolyTaint
To: devuan-dev
Subject: Re: [devuan-dev] Devuan meet 2021-05-27 20:30 UTC
Wed, 26 May 2021 14:36:46 -0400 B Stack <bgstack15@???>:
> # Devuan meet 2021-05-27 @20:30 UTC
>
> Pad is here: https://pad.dyne.org/code/#/2/code/edit/z55+KSsBDxBm51Zi+SvKtMWC/
>
> Meet here: https://vdc.dyne.org/devuan
>    * Please post notes prior to the meet.

> B. Stack

I'll join the chat soon to propose a new distro

I've always been fascinated by 90's hackers, the spirit of building something together, of running into the spikes for solving whatever needs to be solved, the spirit of curiosity and not being satisfied
I've never experienced it, but that's what I grasped from my readings about that times

But this spirit has been fading, today's spirit looks more about being content with what we have
I feel movies grasped that, "The idea of sharing our software or giving it away for free disappeared with Kevin Flynn", a Tron Legacy quote, highlights what seems the death of an era

Long gone the ambitions of a declaration of independence of the cyberspace, passive acceptance seems the common rule

However I'm not a politician, I'm just a coder. This is the best I can do and the draft published in my git says how I want to pursue this idea, I hope you'll like it

The Devuan project will benefit from this as a fresh way of generating packages and distro images, plus a converter from systemd unit services will help pursuing init freedom, other than the obvious boost of popularity if the community will like my idea

But I need support, I need the same infrastructure which devuan uses (although with obviously smaller requests of available space and resources) including remote code testing. amprolla repo hosting and image generation. I'll rely on your currently available code for CI/CD until my distro won't be able to run on his legs

That's all