:: Re: [DNG] Request for assistance wi…
Author: o1bigtenor
To: Devuan ML
Subject: Re: [DNG] Request for assistance with install
On Mon, May 24, 2021 at 4:51 PM o1bigtenor <o1bigtenor@???> wrote:

> Greetings
>
> Tried a migration from Debian Buster to Beowulf - - - nope.
> Downloaded the DVD and got almost all the way through the install.
> Got stuck when the install demands a place to install grub and this is
> an EFI setup.

Thought I'd check things.
You bet - - - - had it on legacy boot not efi boot.
Changed that and did another install.
At the boot after install - - - oops - - - no joy.

Complaints of no run init: can't execute /sbin/init: no such file or
directory.

Now this I have no ideas on how to fix - - - - please advise.

(This is using the devuan dvd to install from. If this doesn't work
- - - - well - - - I'm now out of my depth!)

TIA