:: [DNG] Strange browser home
Author: Hendrik Boom
To: dng
Subject: [DNG] Strange browser home
I ssh -X from my laptop (midwinter) to my server, april.
On april I start a browser.
Of course it displays on my laptop because of the -X,
I navigate to my home directory (I have one on each machine)

When I do this with chromium I get my home directory on april, as expected.
When I do it with firefox-esr, I get my home directory on midwinter, my
laptop.

Evidently starting firefox-esr on april manages to actually start it on
midwinter...

How can it so this? How does it even know to do this?

It's clearly more efficient if I want to look at files on the world-wide
web.

But not what I want if I want to examine files on the server.

-- hendrik