:: Re: [DNG] Collaboration between dis…
Author: Enrico Weigelt, metux IT consult
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Collaboration between distros [WAS: FSF and human rights]
On 17.05.21 20:39, Alexis PM via Dng wrote:

> I am talking
> about the format in which developers publicly offer for download the
> code for new versions of the software they create.

Actually, that had been one of the original topics of the OSS-QM
project: a database of packages, releases, download urls and some
canonical url (redirector) scheme.

Part of that meanwhile had been obsoleted by the use modern SCMs like
Git. But still there should be some canonicalization of things like
branch/tag names, etc. This doesn't mean everybody should use exactly
the same conventions, but rather formally described transformation
rules, so we can do fully automatic imports.

--mtx

--
---
Hinweis: unverschlüsselte E-Mails können leicht abgehört und manipuliert