:: [devuan-dev] Meeting notes 2021-05-…
Author: B Stack
To: devuan developers internal list
Subject: [devuan-dev] Meeting notes 2021-05-13
# Devuan meet 2021-05-13 @20:30 UTC

Present: plasma41, fsmithred, LeePen, golinux, Xenguy, bgstack15, rrq,
Erich, Rick Moen, Jaromil, Adam, tuxd3v

## Old Business

### golinux
* As of this posting, no response from jaromil about this issue
  * Presentation of Dyne mail lists are not synced.  Thanks to tito for
    noticing.  devuan-discuss and devuan-bugs no longer exist.  Unsure
    about the rest: https://mailinglists.dyne.org/cgi-bin/mailman/admin
    https://lists.dyne.org/lurker/splash/index.en.html
  * jaromil . . . Partially fixed, thank you.  The "dead" lists have
    been removed but the active lists are still not in sync.  Will email
    you about it.

### onefang
* Also not heard back from jaromil about getting admin access to the
  devuan-mirrors mailing list.
  * Might be time to move it to devuan.org infrastructure?  Not a good
    solution for the other mailing lists, too many members, but only
    mirror admins should be on devuan-mirrors, and we have all of their
    email addresses on pkgmaster.

## Old Actions

## New Business

### LeePen

#### Amprolla
* Broken merge of beowulf security resolved
* Fixes being tested for the underlying issues:
* ensure the correct Release file is cached
* verify sha256 hashes of downloaded files before caching

## New Actions
* Where to put the working copy of release notes? Xenguy and fsr will
  discuss. ...and chimaera install and migrate guides.
  * www.devuan.org/source/os/documentation > $ ls > >design-guide/
    dev1fanboy/  index.html  install-guides/     update-dev1fanboy.sh.xz
  *
    https://www.devuan.org/os/documentation/install-guides/beowulf/Release_notes_beowulf_3.0.0.txt
  * (fsr) I was going to suggest "install-guides" as a parallel dir to
    dev1fanboy, but the name is already taken. Is that just the images?
    and 2. I still can't get my head around where the release notes
    should live. (Maybe in live-sdk/blends?)
    * (gl) Perhaps this?:
      * install-guides
        * visual (ascii and beowulf and chimaera etc. + archived release
          notes) (will require redirects on archived pages)
        * text (after dev1fanboy if he is no longer around)
    * Or this:
      * install-guides
        * ascii (only visual guides)
        * beowulf (only visual guides)
        * chimaera
          * visual
          * text
            * No redirects required. His documentation can then be
              archived. Hi guides that are not release-specific will
              probably need to be checked with each new release to make
              sure they still work.