:: [devuan-dev] Meeting notes 2021-04-…
Author: B Stack
To: devuan developers internal list
Subject: [devuan-dev] Meeting notes 2021-04-29
# Devuan meet 2021-04-29 @20:30 UTC

Present: golinux, bai4Iej2need, plasma41, Xenguy, rrq, mason, tuxd3v
Apologies: (adam) My spouse discovered she COVID tested positive this
evening. So far all OK, but supporting her this evening.

## Old Business

### Xenguy
* **mason**: Confirm whether mason recently used the existing
  [buster-to-beowulf](https://www.devuan.org/os/documentation/dev1fanboy/en/buster-to-beowulf)
  documentation successfully?
  * (mason) I tend to use a simplified procedure I gleaned from the
    forums. Tried it very recently and it worked, but for a headless
    server.

## Old Actions

## New Business

### golinux
* ATTN. JAROMIL: Presentation of Dyne mail lists are not synced. Thanks
to tito for noticing. devuan-discuss and devuan-bugs no longer exist.
Unsure about the rest:
https://lists.dyne.org/lurker/splash/index.en.html

### bai4Iej2need , new to the club. (true Erich)
* I converted 2 notebooks according this script from buster to beowulf,
  it had some problems, and with som quirks it succeeded. I poured the
  (my) action into 2 shell scripts, but now I ran out of Hw to convert.
  Would like to test the script further.
  * (Xenguy) Are you aware that this script is now in our Git Store:
    [buster-to-beowulf migration
    script](https://git.devuan.org/farmatito/migration) ?
    * (bai4Iej2need) Will look at the script and compare, maybe merge
      something https://github.com/phu9Suop/deblike2devuan
    * (mason) Have we thought about having a procedure to run from
      rescue media, to sidestep the running software getting in the way?

### Xenguy
* LeePen was good enough to add `connman` as an alternative to
`network-manager`, to the 'task package' for MATE. Thank you LeePen!

## New Actions

### rrq, mason
* TWiki mucking