:: [DNG] Flatpaks (was: Keeping unneed…
Author: Hendrik Boom
To: dng
Subject: [DNG] Flatpaks (was: Keeping unneeded packages of your system)
On Fri, Apr 30, 2021 at 06:36:01PM +0900, Olaf Meeuwissen via Dng wrote:

> > And how about packages downloaded and installed outside of the apt
> > system (typically libreoffice, I'd guess)?
>
> I try to stay away from those and if I really, really need them, they
> end up below /usr/local/.

So far, I have avoided them too.

But this does bring up the question:

What about the 'flatpak's that some projects are trying to foist on me?
What are they?
Do they install in the same space that's managed by apt?
Do they interferewith apt?
Is there a practical way to restrict them from operating with root
privileges?
Or even to tell whether they want root privileges?

-- hendrik