:: [devuan-dev] bug#496: Has speech-di…
Author: Arne Wichmann
To: Gregory Nowak
CC: 496
Subject: [devuan-dev] bug#496: Has speech-dispatcher been forked?
Hi...

begin quotation from Gregory Nowak (in <20210427021227.GA8134@???>):
> 3. Don't fork speech-dispatcher, close this bug, and leave users who
>    do a new install with speech at the text console, but not in the
>    GUI by default until they manually resolve the situation. Last time
>    I checked, the situation in debian was opposite, fresh installs
>    have speech at the GUI, but not at the text console. Also I
>    apologize for the amount of mails my previous reply seems to have
>    generated. I've edited the addresses this reply will go to.

This feels like a good solution to me. As far as I can see text-based
interfaces are easier for vision-impaired people. But I am no expert on
this.

I would further propose to open a bug at the installer to address the point
you just made.

cu

AW
--
[...] If you don't want to be restricted, don't agree to it. If you are
coerced, comply as much as you must to protect yourself, just don't support