:: Re: [DNG] Steps to recover from bor…
Author: Steve Litt
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Steps to recover from borked grub-update
terryc said on Tue, 27 Apr 2021 16:23:34 +1000

>Yes, basically what I've tried, but there s no /efi/devuan.
>I've just had no success being able to access any of the file system.
>
>i'm begiing to think that if this sort of problems keep recurring, it
>will be a step back to the future from the time when the first hing you
>did after installing a system was to created a boot floppy; boot cd/dvd
>these days.
>
>Any way, Thank you.
>I've decided to risk it and attempt an OS re-install despite the
>rebuilt mailer requiring three attempts to get a booting sstem.

WAIT!!!!

You can boot most "rescue cd" live distros and pick "boot next
partition" or whatever, and it will boot the next found partition with
the kernel from the rescue cd.

Which brings up the fact that it would be nice for there to be a Devuan
rescue CD (and thumbdrive) that can find all possible OSes and boot to
your choice, using the live CD's kernel. Can Refracta already do that?

SteveT

Steve Litt