:: Re: [DNG] Advice to migrate from Be…
Author: Florian Zieboll
To: Alessandro Vesely, Alessandro Vesely via Dng, [DNG]
Subject: Re: [DNG] Advice to migrate from Beowulf to Chimaera
On April 17, 2021 2:33:53 PM GMT+02:00, Alessandro Vesely via Dng <dng@???> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I usually prefer to stick on released system, but I'd start working on OpenSCAD
> and the version available is rather oldish. As it has lots of graphical
> dependencies, I think it may be easier to switch to Chimaera than to pin all
> that stuff. I run Openbox, btw.
>
> Is there a guide, a wiki, release notes, any help?

Hallo Alessandro,

my Beowulf to Chimaera (LXqt with openbox) went quite smooth. I had posted my notes to this list, approx. one month ago; you should find it by searching the subject lines for (most probably) the two release names. IIRC, I just did a last dist-upgrade to be sure to have all the latest packages, then adapted the sources.list and went 'apt update' - 'apt upgrade' - reboot - 'apt dist-upgrade' - reboot.

libre Grüße,
Florian

--

[message sent otg]