:: Re: [DNG] Script to migrate buster …
Author: wirelessduck
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Script to migrate buster desktop to beowulf v1.6
I’m not sure if this is a good way to do it but when Ubuntu is upgraded to a new version the release upgrade tool disables all third-party apt sources and PPA sources by commenting them out in the sources.list/sources.list.d files and notifying the user this has been done. The user then has to enable them again manually after upgrade.

I guess this makes it easy to filter out non-official apt sources and only upgrade the official ones? I don’t know how it handles the situation of when the user has a custom package mirror enabled instead of deb.debian.org or similar ubuntu archive URL.

Also, don’t forget that debian has a separate URL for debian-security archive while Devuan includes security packages archive in the regular deb.devuan.org URL.