:: Re: [DNG] Script to migrate buster …
Author: Antony Stone
To: dng
New-Topics: Re: [DNG] Script to migrate buster desktop to beowulf v1.7.1
Subject: Re: [DNG] Script to migrate buster desktop to beowulf v1.7
On Wednesday 14 April 2021 at 22:03:45, tito via Dng wrote:

> Hi,
>
> v 1.7

1. Why ask "yes or no" *before* checking for root (which is needed)?

I would check for root first, and *then* ask "do you want to proceed?",
otherwise you're asking "do you want to do this?" and then saying "you can't"
if they aren't root - frustrating.

2. I question the wording of "Do you want contrib repos to be added to your
apt sources?" because if I saw this, and I knew I already *had* contrib repos,
I would think "no, I don't them to be added; they're already there".

So, maybe "Do you want contrib repos to be included in your apt sources?"
would be a better way to ensure that if the user wants them, they'll get them.

Antony.

--
APL [is a language], in which you can write a program to simulate shuffling a
deck of cards and then dealing them out to several players, in four

- David Given

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.