:: Re: [DNG] Script to migrate buster …
Author: fsmithred
To: tito, dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Script to migrate buster desktop to beowulf v1.6
On 4/14/21 10:15 AM, tito wrote:
> On Wed, 14 Apr 2021 09:57:38 -0400
> fsmithred via Dng <dng@???> wrote:
>

>> It's currently opt-out. You must select Expert install to avoid
>> non-free and to choose your sources. Something about how the
>> installer works makes it easier to do it this way rather than the
>> reverse. And it's also easier for the non-experts to get their
>> hardware working this way.
>>
>> fsmithred
>
> So I will add them by default.
>
> Ciao,
> Tito

I can't think of a good way to do it, either. I just substitute buster
with beowulf, but that only works because I know what's in my
sources.list. That could break all kinds of third-party repos.

Adding non-free where it's not wanted will anger some people. Removing it
where it's wanted might break some systems.

This might be a good one to ask the users.

fsmithred