:: Re: [DNG] Screen flickering
Author: Arnt Karlsen
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Screen flickering
On Thu, 8 Apr 2021 17:32:30 +0200, Antony wrote in message
<202104081732.30426.Antony.Stone@???>:

> > > I just did that on the latest Devuan Beowulf Live distro (kernel
> > > 4.19.0-14), and... no flickering!
> >
> > Booting back on the internal disk... No flickering.
> > I just don't get it. Would it be hardware/cable-related in the end?
> > *sighs*
>
> I would say yes, it sounds like a dodgy cable / solder joint /
> connector to me.

..it could quite simply be dust collected inside your machine causing
overheating triggering hardware trottling to near your power grid
frequency, e.g. down from say 60Hz in a 50Hz country like France, to
say 42Hz, which mould have your screen flicker at say 8Hz.

..fix is easy in this case, open your machine and clean it out with
e.g. pressurized air in a well ventilated area.

Scenarios always come in sets of three: