:: Re: [DNG] Screen flickering
Author: Antony Stone
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Screen flickering
On Thursday 08 April 2021 at 16:37:54, Bernard Rosset via Dng wrote:

> Recently the screen of a Dell Latitude 7400 laptop I have (which is
> running Devuan) started flickering.

> What else is there to try?

I would boot from an installation USB / CD (preferably the one you set the
machine up from) and go into Rescue Mode, and see whether the hardware still
continues behaving the same way.

That means you're testing it with the versions of kernel / modules / boot
loader / etc as you did when you set it up, without any updates.

Regards,

Antony.

--
There are two possible outcomes:

If the result confirms the hypothesis, then you've made a measurement.
If the result is contrary to the hypothesis, then you've made a discovery.

- Enrico Fermi

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.