:: Re: [DNG] FSF, RMS and a danger to …
Author: Didier Kryn
To: dng@lists.dyne.org
Subject: Re: [DNG] FSF, RMS and a danger to almost all GPL code
    Discussion on that subject has taken 95% of the bandwidth on the GCC
development mailing list. I guess the same thing is hapenning in other
projects and in GNU proper.

    AFAIU the status of RMS in GCC's steering commitee is purely
honorific and the debate is about denying him this honour.

    Everything has been said on both sides and discussion has even
brought in ideology beyond the cancel-culture and the role of social
media. I think the voters, if there are (the point isn't clear to me)
have read enough - and so has RMS himself - to make their decision.

    Which is very sad is that developpers or potential developpers seem
to condition their future contribution to the decision - and they are on
both sides. Wether customers of Free Software abandon it, who cares?
What is needed is developpers.

--     Didier