:: [devuan-dev] Backported packages Ol…
Author: Thomas Pantzer
To: devuan-dev
Subject: [devuan-dev] Backported packages Olvwm/XView from Jessie to Beowulf
Hello,

I would like to continue using this resource-friendly(*) window-manager
on my machine where I recently installed Devuan Beowulf.

Since it is not available anymore I backported the needed packages from
Debian Jessie by specifing

deb-src http://archive/debian.org/debian jessie main contrib non-free

in my /etc/apt/sources.list and running the neccessary build steps. I had
to make some minor patches to Makefiles and some sources to make it compileable.
Finally I was able to install the resulting packages and I’m using the created
binaries. I’ve no bug/problem discovered so far.

Questions:

1)
Is anybody interested in incorporating these packages (xview/olvwm) into Devuan?

2)
How can I find a “official” Devuan Package Maintainer to address this issue ?

3)
To whom may I sent my diff patches ?

Best Regards

Thomas Pantzer

(*) The footprint of this window manager is really small. It might be interesting
    to have this also on ARM architectures.