:: [DNG] Where would exim have put the…
Author: dvalin
To: dng
Subject: [DNG] Where would exim have put the emails?

My regrettable rashness in leaving "fetchall" in .fetchmailrc during
the first mail fetch on my new beowulf install has me chasing 91
lost or mislaid emails.
I also had no "mda" option in .fetchmailrc, so delivery to port
25should feed them to exim, I figure:
# lsof -i4:25
COMMAND  PID        USER   FD   TYPE DEVICE SIZE/OFF NODE
NAME
exim4   2278 Debian-exim    3u  IPv4   1545      0t0
TCP greipner:smtp (LISTEN)
Although I had:$ more .forward
"|exec /usr/bin/procmail -t"
procmail does not appear to have run, as the .procmailrc from theold
host has not led it to disperse emails to any of a dozen mailboxes,and
there's no mail/log file.A It is there:
$ ls -l /usr/bin/procmail
-rwsr-sr-x 1 root mail 104404 Nov 17  2017 /usr/bin/procmail*

A "locate exim | more" does not elicit anything resembling a mail
destination.
Have I lost 'em, or are there still places to look?
In the interim, I'll ditch the "fetchall" and give "mda procmail" in
.fetchmailrca go Now I remember why I'm reluctant to update stuff.
Erik