:: Re: [DNG] Shutting down on weird ke…
Author: Antony Stone
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Shutting down on weird keys combination.
On Friday 12 March 2021 at 19:51:41, А. Сорокин via Dng wrote:

> Hello.
>
> I have a strange behavior on my system (DeVuan's Sid (Ceres?)
> up-to-date system): on quick pressing (may be it seems to system as keys
> are pressed at once), of Shift-b-v (no matter where: CLI or GUI) system
> shuts down normally.

I have a few questions / suggestions:

1. Do you mean you press Shift, release it, press b, release it and press v,
all in quite quick succession, or do you mean Shift+b (so, a capital B),
release both, and then press v?

It would be good to know what you are trying to type at the time this occurs.

2. Does the same thing occur if you plug in an external keyboard and type the
same things on that?

3. What does syslog say as the machine shuts down (tail the file in one window
while you type in another, or else SSH from somewhere else to watch the file as
you type the magic combination)?

4. Does it also happen in Beowulf (try a Live CD if you don't still have that
installed as dual-boot)?

Antony.

--
"In fact I wanted to be John Cleese and it took me some time to realise that
the job was already taken."

- Douglas Adams

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.