:: Re: [DNG] rm not freeing space
Author: Ludovic Bellière
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] rm not freeing space
I assume you read the man page of fsck, as it's return code is what you
want to pay attention to.

As for lsof, the correct parameters would be `lsof +aL1 /dev/sdx. It
should have thrown an error were you to use `lsof -L1`. If lsof returns
nothing, your drive is most likely corrupted.

It may also be possible that the files you removed have other
references on your file system, aka. hard links. To find them, you
would need to know the inode number, either by using `stat` or `ls -i`.
You can then find them using `find -inum`.

Since you already removed the files, you most likely can't know the
inode number. However you could throw a `find $path -size n[cwbkMG]` to
list the files with the matching size.