:: Re: [DNG] Bug in mailman and questi…
Author: Antony Stone
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Bug in mailman and question
On Wednesday 10 March 2021 at 10:20:47, vezzonisergio@??? wrote:

> Hi everyone
> This is just to report that I tried to subscribe to the dng list

You appear to have succeeded :)

> but i got redirected to a bug notification page.

Please either tell us what the notification said, or show us the URL you were
redirected to.

> I just have some question which I would like to ask here:
>
> -is it possible to forward a ssh -Y connection with all privileges on
> another machine and open a file manager to mount devices and execute files
> directly? (I was doing it in mx with spacefm, now I'mcurrently on devuan
> with pcmanfm)

That sounds plausible provided your mount command support executables (eg: the
"exec" option when mounting an NFS share).

> -I mean just click on a xcutable file txt even without it being a .sh to
> execute it?

Linux doesn't care about filename extensions to decide whether something's
executable. The file needs the eXecute bit set in its permissions.

Antony.

--
Wanted: telepath. You know where to apply.

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.