:: Re: [DNG] apparmor? (was Re: What …
Author: Gabe Stanton
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] apparmor? (was Re: What does this remind you of?)
On Sun, 2021-03-07 at 19:39 +0100, al3xu5 wrote:
> Maybe it was installed by default or maybe I had installed it ages
> ago and
>
> it hasremained over time, a dist-upgrade after the other.
>

> So, I would like your advice: is there any sense that I keep it on
> the
>
> system? Or can I do without quietly?

For me, apparmor came with the upgrade to beowulf. I had some problem
with it, I think it was killing an application that I use. After
searching around on the web, I decided to just try apt purge apparmor.
I did that 6 or 8 months ago or so and didn't have any issues.

Although, apparmor is reinstalled with upgrades based on my
experience. It's back on my machine now actually and has been for a
month or so. I'll purge it again but since it was reinstalled I've been
curious if it will start causing me problems again, so I've left it so
far.

Gabe