:: Re: [DNG] Jitsi advice please
Author: Antony Stone
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Jitsi advice please
On Friday 05 March 2021 at 17:38:40, golinux@??? wrote:

> On 2021-03-05 04:32, Antony Stone wrote:
> > On Friday 05 March 2021 at 11:23:24, g4sra via Dng wrote:
> >
> > In MS Teams, go to your profile (something up in the top right), then
> > Settings and Devices, and there's a button labelled "Make a test call".
> > It plays an announcement, then a ping sound, listens to you speak (or
> > whatever), and then plays it back to you.
>
> Hmmm, just thinking . . . Wouldn't that be a great way for MS to capture
> a voice recognition database and link it to a specific IP? Would that
> even be possible?

Depends what you mean by "recognition". They could certainly capture the
audio samples, but someone would need to transcribe them in order to build a
recognition database, otherwise it's just noise without meaning.

Antony.

--
All matter in the Universe can be placed into one of two categories:

1. Things which need to be fixed.
2. Things which need to be fixed once you've had a few minutes to play with
them.

                                                   Please reply to the list;
                                                         please *don't* CC me.