:: Re: [DNG] Any interest in a Devuan …
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Steve Litt
À: Devuan ML
Sujet: Re: [DNG] Any interest in a Devuan Meetup in Colorado Springs or Denver? (was "GNUPGP Web of trust")

>On Fri, Mar 5, 2021 at 6:05 AM Steve Litt <slitt@???>
>wrote:

>> Hi Gabe,
>>
>> I'm also going to try to get a Jitsi-centric VM running. But you
>> needn't wait to install Jitsi on your own computer to enjoy Jitsi.
>> For over a year, GoLUG (my local LUG) has met at
>> https://meet.jit.si/golug, with pretty good success. Also, in
>> December, I taught a 2 day class over Jitsi. It worked great, and
>> all the students liked the course.
>>
>> So while a home-grown installation is all of our goal, until then,
>> anything on meet.jit.si works pretty darn well, as long as your
>> browser is Chromium if you're on Linux.
>>
>Asking to confirm - - - - so Firefox won't work?

Some Linux folks Jitsi just fine on Firefox, but on my Void Linux setup
I've never been able to get sound on Jitsi with Firefox. Even when I
used apulse.

I just tried Ralph's "talking to yourself" technique on both Firefox
and Chromium. With Chromium I could hear myself. With Firefox I
couldn't.

SteveT

Steve Litt
Spring 2020 featured book: Thriving in Tough Times
http://www.troubleshooters.com/thrive