:: Re: [DNG] Any interest in a Devuan …
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: Gabe Stanton
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] Any interest in a Devuan Meetup in Colorado Springs or Denver? (was "GNUPGP Web of trust")
On Fri, 2021-03-05 at 07:05 -0500, Steve Litt wrote:
> Hi Gabe,
>
> I'm also going to try to get a Jitsi-centric VM running. But you
> needn't wait to install Jitsi on your own computer to enjoy Jitsi.
> For
> over a year, GoLUG (my local LUG) has met at
> https://meet.jit.si/golug,
> with pretty good success. Also, in December, I taught a 2 day class
> over Jitsi. It worked great, and all the students liked the course.
>
> So while a home-grown installation is all of our goal, until then,
> anything on meet.jit.si works pretty darn well, as long as your
> browser
> is Chromium if you're on Linux.

Hey Steve,

I've been hesitant to use meet.jit.si for privacy reasons, but 8x8's
business model and practices are pretty convincing signs that they'd
take privacy seriously, and of course their privacy policy is pretty
good.

I need to do some testing to see if firefox will work for me. I have to
re-enable mic and cam as well and test those out, hopefully no problems
there....and take the tape off the cam lol. If firefox doesn't work I
can install chromium somewhere and go that route.

Then the question becomes, anyone else interested? If so, we could set
a date a little further back maybe on a Sunday afternoon and come up
with some topics and a timeline of events just to make sure things
don't go stale, but otherwise take a pretty loose and informal
approach.

If it's just you and me, Steve, like I mentioned before, informal is
good for me if it's good for you, and maybe a Sunday afternoon soon?
Mine are or can be open for the foreseeable future...

Gabe