:: Re: [DNG] My Qemu LAN-peer document…
Page principale
Supprimer ce message
Répondre à ce message
Auteur: tito
À: dng
Sujet: Re: [DNG] My Qemu LAN-peer documentation is now in its first draft
On Wed, 3 Mar 2021 10:40:20 +0100
Florian Zieboll via Dng <dng@???> wrote:

> On Wed, 3 Mar 2021 08:04:19 +0100
> tito via Dng <dng@???> wrote:
>
> > you can set the device names by MAC addresses at boot
> > and in the past it worked as udev/eudev net-persisent-name.rules
> > (but seems to be broken, optimized out nowadays).
>

> Thanks, Tito, for the clue! I am using udev (resp. eudev) rules to
> define the NIC names by MAC addresses and had not been aware of the
> upcoming change (with buster / beowulf it is still working).

Hi,
it works in simple setups (few cards, few ports, only onboard chips)
using the previously created net-persistent-names.rules files.
In more complex setups it doesn't work because the logic
to rename the interfaces to a intermediate name was ripped out
so there can be name collisions and big surprises at reboot that can be
fixed only by creating a systemd ?link file.
Was bitten by this when setting up a router with 12 ports and had to
develop a script to get it done (doesn't work well with eudev yet...
because ti needs to recreate net-persistent name at boot but in
volatile way)

Ciao,
Tito