:: Re: [DNG] GNUPGP Web of trust
Author: g4sra
To: dng@lists.dyne.org
Subject: Re: [DNG] GNUPGP Web of trust
‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐
On Saturday, February 27, 2021 1:23 AM, Gabe Stanton via Dng <dng@???> wrote:

> I obviously haven't done enough reading lol. Thanks for the link.
>
> On Fri, 2021-02-26 at 22:06 +0000, Simon Hobson wrote:
>
> > Gabe Stanton via Dng dng@??? wrote:
> >
> > > Is it as simple as inviting anyone that wants to, to send their
> > > public
> > > key to this list? I'm not experienced in web of trust
> > > common/accepted
> > > practices but have been interested for some time.
> >
> > No, it's not that simple !
> > Try this for starters : https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Web_of_trust
> > Simon

No it certainly isn't simple, but that does not mean it is not doable.

As this topic is not getting the response I hoped it would I am going to go out on a limb risking contamination of peoples imagination by being a lot more open with what I was thinking.

Confirmation of email address by challenge response, pretty common nowadays for almost everything signed up for online.

Meet'n'Greet over jitsi.org.

Exchange of public keys using Dyne pad.

Again I am seeking input from those with more knowledge about IT Security than myself, so I am setting the bar pretty low :)