:: [devuan-dev] Meeting notes 2021-02-…
Author: B Stack
To: devuan developers internal list
Subject: [devuan-dev] Meeting notes 2021-02-25
# Devuan meet 2021-02-25 @20:30 UTC

Present: golinux, fsmithred, adam, bgstack15, plasma41, Xenguy, LeePen,
rrq, anonymous1, AntoFox, alv, jaromil

## Old Business

## Old Actions

## New Business

### LeePen
* Update packages in ceres: util-linux, distro-info-data, reportbug,
pdns-recursor, policykit-1 (although the last 2 are incomplete as
Dyne's arm* builder has crashed: parazyd is finding somebody to go and
push the power button).

### golinux
* https://dev1galaxy.org/files/deepsea-grub.png
* https://dev1galaxy.org/files/2C6385.png
* https://dev1galaxy.org/files/deepsea-openbox.png
* https://dev1galaxy.org/viewtopic.php?id=3896
* lightDM is so uninteresting visually. I really miss hellekin's
  beautiful design for slim.(golinux sheds a tear)
  * (plasma) What's the issue with slim exactly? It's still in ceres.
  * I need help locating where/how the lightdn greeter box is generated.
    I have an image that I cropped from a screenshot but not the actual
    image or config that generates it. I would like to fiddle with the
    color a bit.
* This link posted in d1g:
  https://all-things-linux.blogspot.com/2021/02/introducing-linux-mint-devuan-edition.html
* https://dev1galaxy.org/viewtopic.php?id=4145 thread about Debian and
  Devuan relationship

### fsmithred
  * AntoFox wants to build Mate 1.25 in jenkins. Not sure where he wants
    it to go. https://dev1galaxy.org/viewtopic.php?id=4144 (LeePen)
    Jaromil mentioned a similar thing a few months ago. AFAIK Mate from
    Debian works. What are we trying to fix? 1.24.1-2 is in ceres and
    chimaera.
  * Discuss versioning for deepsea theme. I need to rebuild it. Current
    version is in sync with parent package, Clearlooks-Phenix.
    https://termbin.com/7td5

### AntoFox I need to know the correct git-flow for devuan (thank you
fsmithred)

### bgstack15 To complement the
[gtk3-nooverlayscroll](https://pkginfo.devuan.org/cgi-bin/policy-query.html?c=package&q=gtk3-nooverlayscrollbar)
package native to Devuan, we could choose to offer
**gtk3-automnemonics** which re-enables the removed functionality of
configuring the immediate display of underscores for accelerator key
indicators throughout GTK3. Proof of concept packages available:
* [source by Gord Squash](https://github.com/thesquash/sgm)
* [dpkg sources on
OBS](https://build.opensuse.org/package/show/home:bgstack15/sgm)
* [Download from
OBS](https://software.opensuse.org//download.html?project=home%3Abgstack15&package=gtk3-automnemonics)
I plan on sending an email to devuan-dev asking if there is community
interest in such a package within Devuan.
* Fsmithred and plasma41 expressed interest

### Xenguy
* Completed an inventory of our currently listed [ISO
mirrors](https://www.devuan.org/get-devuan.html), and commented out
several mirrors that were clearly not working properly. I plan to
recheck them this weekend or so.
* Recently I've seen occasional comments (e.g. in IRC or DNG) suggesting
that perhaps an installation documentation web page may need to be
corrected/updated, but so far these reports seem inconclusive to me.
**Question**: does anyone here actually believe there are any genuine
cases of this?

## New Actions
* (rrq) review dev1galaxy registration questions for chimaera
* (rrq,plasma41) begin chimaera ISO building
* rewrite some migration documentation to describe multiple approaches
(Xenguy and fsr)