:: [devuan-dev] Meeting notes 2021-02-…
Author: B Stack
To: devuan developers internal list
Subject: [devuan-dev] Meeting notes 2021-02-18
# Devuan meet 2021-02-18 @20:30 UTC

Present: Xenguy, rrq, LeePen, fsmithred, plasma41, jaromil, bgstack15,
mason, Adam (late), Rick Moen (ditto), Duncan MacKinnon

## Old Business

## Old Actions

## New Business

### fsmithred
* This came up in irc: Devuan BTS does not support severity important or
  serious... But for us out in the field using the system we must
  maintain a list in our head of how everything is slightly different
  here versus there. See:
  https://www.debian.org/Bugs/Developer#severities
  * (Xenguy) IANAE (I am not an expert) but it seems to me that the most
    common 3 use cases for bugs might be `important`, `normal`, and
    `minor`. If Devuan currently uses `critical`, `grave`, `normal`,
    `minor`, and `wishlist`, and also prefers a shorter severity list
    than Debian's 7 items, then perhaps substituting `important` for
    `grave` might cover most bases.  Whether this is trivially
    accomplished or not is another question : -)
  * (LeePen) IMO Debian's BTS important vs serious are pretty pointless.
    There are countless examples of maintainers/submitters playing
    ping-pong with severities rather than sorting out the issue.

### Xenguy
* [x] Point release accomplished. That is all : -)

## New Actions
* (rrq) move css for bugs and popcon into the wwww project
* (rrq) look into adding http round-robin(?) redirects for files.d.o iso
  downloads
* (mason, fsmithred) explore lack of modules in expert mode install
  * and after exploration, we seem to have missed "load components from
    CD" - a non-issue as it turns out
  * (rrq) though it might be possible to ensure pre-loading of the
    default components
* (adam) built new test ARM RPi images based on Pi Foundation
  non-mainline 5.10 kernel, armel (Pi, Pi0), arm64 (RPi3, RPi4) with
  ext4 both btrfs img partitions. opinions moving forward on image
  provisioning minimal vs. default gui? etc. (debootstrap to help with
  definition of minimal distribution)