:: [devuan-dev] bug#547: git: cloning …
Author: Mark Hindley
To: Kalle Sandström, 547
New-Topics: [devuan-dev] bug#547: git: cloning a https repo gets stuck in an infinite loop
Subject: [devuan-dev] bug#547: git: cloning a https repo gets stuck in an infinite loop
Control: tags -1 moreinfo debian

Kalle,

Thanks for this.

Firstly, git is not a forked package and Devuan uses Debian's packages directly
without recompilation. So in principle this issue should be reported to Debian's
BTS.

However, I cannot reproduce this behaviour and I am confused about your setup.

On Fri, Feb 12, 2021 at 10:26:02PM +0200, Kalle Sandström wrote:

> Package: git
> Version: 1:2.30.0-1

This is the testing/unstable version, however

> -- System Information:
> Distributor ID:    Devuan
> Release:    1.0.0
> Codename:    jessie
> Architecture: i686

this implies you are running Jessie.

Jessie has been end of life and archived since July 2020.

What suite are you running?

Can you ensure your system is fully up to date, and then try to reproduce the
issue?

Thanks

Mark