:: Re: [DNG] install in private partit…
Author: Gregory Nowak
To: Radisson97, dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] install in private partition scheme ?
Redirecting back to the list.

On Sun, Jan 31, 2021 at 04:34:56PM +0100, Radisson97@??? wrote:
> > Gesendet: Sonntag, 31. Januar 2021 um 04:09 Uhr
> > Von: "Gregory Nowak via Dng" <dng@???>
> > An: "Radisson via Dng" <dng@???>
> > Betreff: Re: [DNG] install in private partition scheme ?
> >
> > On Sat, Jan 30, 2021 at 06:15:53PM +0100, Radisson via Dng wrote:
> > > Hello list,
> > >
> > > i have installed beowulf from USB-Stick.
> > >
> > > I worked so far but my private partition setup was ignored.
> >
> > I can tell you that using the text based installer for Beowulf, I was
> > able to do manual partitioning without problems.
> >

> > > The /etc/fstab was not created, resulting an installation into /.
> >
> > If you're able to boot into the installed system, then /etc/fstab was
> > indeed created. At least some parts of the system will end up being
> > installed into /.
> >

> You got me wrong, i started the
> installer. i successfully created the whole partitioning but the whole setup
> was ignored the installer used / and installed everything there.

OK, I'll repeat back what you said as far as I understand it. You said you
used the installer to create a custom partitioning scheme, but the
installer ignored your partitioning scheme, and installed the entire
system into /, instead of mounting various partitions in the
appropriate mount points under /. Correct? If yes, then a /etc/fstab
must still have been created, else the system wouldn't boot; it just
wasn't the /etc/fstab you wanted. What I said is still correct. I was
able to use the devuan 3.0 text installer to create a custom
partitioning scheme inside the installer, and have various directories
placed in the partitions I wanted.

You still haven't explained exactly what you did, or which docs you
followed, so confirming that what you want to do is possible at least
in the text installer for devuan 3.0 is the best I can do to help you
at this point. When you create a partition in the installer, you need
to be sure to specify how the partition is to be used (E.G. swap,
ext4), and where it is to be mounted in the target directory tree.

Greg