:: [devuan-dev] bug#540: elogind unmou…
Author: Frank
To: Mark Hindley
CC: 540
Subject: [devuan-dev] bug#540: elogind unmounts /run/user/$UID tmpfs filesystem after logging in again
Hi Mark,

Cmd "loginctl session-status" shows that class "greeter" is a property
of service "slim". It looks fine to me since slim does not fork a helper
process like, for example, lightdm does.

XDG_SESSION_CLASS is set by PAM module pam_elogind.so. Unsetting
XDG_SESSION_CLASS / changing it to "user" again before pam.open_session
breaks the fix. Overriding the environment variable by adding
"pam.setenv("XDG_SESSION_CLASS", "greeter");" to app.cpp (line 560)
won't change the class, just the variable (see below).

----------------- snip ---------------
devuan@devuan:~$ loginctl session-status | grep Service; set | grep
XDG_SESSION
     Service: slim; type x11; class greeter
XDG_SESSION_CLASS=user
XDG_SESSION_ID=1
XDG_SESSION_TYPE=x11

I did a quick check in the logind source code and as far as I can see a
greeter session does not have any additional privileges compared to a
user session. There is only have_multiple_sessions() in logind-dbus.c
that checks if there are multiple sessions; greeter sessions are not
counted.

Slim is a single process (class "greeter") without a helper (class
"user"). Changing the class to greeter is the best you can do.

Regards,
Frank