:: [devuan-dev] bug#540: elogind unmou…
Author: Frank
To: Mark Hindley, 540
Subject: [devuan-dev] bug#540: elogind unmounts /run/user/$UID tmpfs filesystem after logging in again
I agree with you that the issue it not easy to fix. I ran into it when I
was configuring my .xsessionrc and could not figure out what I did wrong
in order to break the runtime directory. I usually just login once a day
at most, so I won't run into the issue very often.

At least the workaround - add "UserStopDelaySec=infinity" to section
[Login] in config file /etc/elogind/logind.conf - works, but isn't great
either. Perhaps it would be best to deprecate Slim and switch the
default DM to either LightDM or SDDM?

Anyway, I'll play around with the Slim config and PAM config some more
(until I get bored). If I find a solution (against all odds) I'll let
you know.