:: Re: [DNG] wired networking in deskt…
Author: aitor
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] wired networking in desktop-live
Hi,

On 18/1/21 8:18, beamflash--- via Dng wrote:
> I noticed that a live session (Beowulf 3.0.0) does not get a network
> connection on my machine. The network configuration GUI has entries
> for wifi scans etc, but I do not see anything there about wired
> connections. The machine in question does not have any wifi adapters,
> but has two wired gigabit interfaces. One is not connected to
> anything, but another one can get a DHCP address. I can bring it up
> from the terminal, but it is weird to not have this ability in the
> GUI.

You can find the config options in "Preferences->Extern programs" or
something very similar (at this moment my system is in spanish).
There are sections for the dhcp client, the wired connection, the
routing table and sudo.
> Is there a better place than this list to report this issue? Not
> exactly a "bug", but something that would be nice to improve in a
> future release.

d1g might be a good place for such issues:

http://dev1galaxy.org/ <http://dev1galaxy.org/>

HTH,

Aitor.