:: [devuan-dev] bug#537: mpv crashes o…
Author: deb-tux@web.de
To: submit
Subject: [devuan-dev] bug#537: mpv crashes on exit and all windows that have not been closed up to this point hang
Package: mpv
Version: 0.29.1-1

Hello,

in mpv, maybe, I detected following bug.

OS: Devuan, beowulf
Windowmanager: openbox 3.6.1
Filemanager: doublecmd 0.7.1. also tested 0.8.0 and 0.9.9 and
spacefm 1.0.6

The error occurs since updating the repository from devuan-ascii to
devuan-beowulf (all configuration files in ~ are the same)

After opening any video file, using doublecmd in mpv, mpv crashes on
exit (trying to close the mpv window). All windows (e.g. mpv,
kaffeine, doublecmd, xterm, etc.) that have not been closed (up to this
point) hang. All this windows have to be closed with pkill -9 or
killall -9 .

On testing this behaviour, I find out following points:

- the bug occurs in all named versions of doublecmd, mentioned above,
but not in spacefm.

- this will only happens with mpv, not with other players, like vlc,
cvlc.

- this will not be happend, when doublecmd will be started in an xterm
terminal.

- the only workaround I found, is to put nohup in the openbox
rc.xml . See below:

   <!-- Alt+F3 : Ausführen (doublecmd) -->
    <keybind key="A-F3">
      <action name="Execute">
        <command>nohup doublecmd</command>
      </action>
    </keybind>

thank you for your help and many greetings

Frank Noack