:: Re: [DNG] Undead firefox
Author: Ludovic Bellière
To: dng
Subject: Re: [DNG] Undead firefox
Hi Hendrik,

It is most probably because firefox has threads now. It has to be able
to restart a thread if, for some reason, the thread dies. By doing a
killall, you're essentially killing threads before the main process
which then make them respawn.

Maybe this command will be more accurate, as it tries to then the
signal to all listed process at the same time.

    pkill -f firefox-esr

or

    kill $(pgrep -f -d' ' firefox-esr)

Or try to kill the main process and see if it works, but I suspect
that's what killall is doing anyway.