:: [devuan-dev] Meeting notes 2020-12-…
Author: B Stack
To: devuan developers internal list
Subject: [devuan-dev] Meeting notes 2020-12-17
# Devuan meet 2020-12-17 @20:30 UTC

Present: golinux, alv, LeePen, bgstack15, rrq, fsr, Adam (Xenguy sends
regrets)
* (golinux sheds a tear)

## Old Business
* lightdm in beowulf-proposed-updates.

## Old Actions

## New Business

### Musing on potential names for Devuan 6.0 1. Excalibur (golinux
really likes this one) (plasma) I also really like this one. 2.
Einstein 3. ~Elektra~ (the crazy lady? Really?) Greek mythology.
Electra daughter of Agamemnon and Clytemnestra. Also (with a "k")
Alban Berg and Strauss operas (I'd totally forgotten that Strauss did
it too). 4. ~Enterprise~ (ugh - too commercial) 5. Eureka (We had that
moment in 2014) 6. Everest (Please let it be easier than that.) 7.
Europa (added after the fact) (Nice name but very blah and
uninspiring. Also too similar to Europe)
* previous releases: Jessie, ASCII, Beowulf, Chimaera, Daedalus

### LeePen
* Updated debootstrap in ceres and beowulf-proposed-updates.
* Updated network-manager in ceres.
https://pad.dyne.org/code/#/2/code/edit/wEKliB641KM5Kpn8yjKFD9Sx

### mason
* Unable to attend today - overloaded.
* lurc making progress, but not at what I'd call a milestone yet.

### rrq
* perfected installer-iso to include beowulf-proposed-updates and a
  transient apt-setup variant that adds that into the installed
  sources.list. Test isos available at:
  https://jenkins.devuan.dev/job/installer-iso/
  https://charla.rrq.id.au/download/ It still needs 2 doc updates (to
  say 3.1)
  * (gl) Plus updates to www on more than a few pages including new
    images of of changes in the installers and accompanying text. Also:
    close off devuan-installer bugs.

### plasma41
* Likely won't make it to the meet this week.
* I added four suggestions to the list of "E" names. The fact that
version N of Devuan corresponds to the (N-1)th letter of the alphabet
keeps tripping me up.
* I think we really need, either by forking or by some other means, to
remove the disable-autospawn config file in pulseaudio. Yes, it is
mentioned in the release notes, but even I forgot about that when
installing my work computer. When we have 10 bugs merged with
https://bugs.devuan.org/276 about this, I think we need to address it.

## New Actions

### bgstack15
* Will look to see if lightdm can be configured to work with
xserver-share=true and also pass the SPI bus setting to the login
session.