:: Re: [DNG] Your system is not suppor…
Top Pagina
Auteur: Martin Steigerwald
Aan: dng
Onderwerp: Re: [DNG] Your system is not supported by certbot-auto anymore.
Hi Simon.

Simon Walter - 08.12.20, 09:41:15 CET:
> It is nice to see that there is instructions for Devuan at
> https://certbot.eff.org/lets-encrypt/devuanascii-apache and that they
> don't say to use snapd. However, what has certbot become?
>
> I have yet to look at the source code, but there are a lot of
> dependencies:

>    certbot python-certbot-apache python3-acme python3-augeas

[…]
> Other than a manual install, are there any alternatives? I am
> interested to hear how others are doing this.

I am still using dehydrated. It is a simple shell script which just
depends on curl, openssl and ca-certificates. There is an additional
package for apache2 support, which just contains the site configuration
for the web challenge thing, and one for DNS challenge.

I think there is an alternative to it, called acme.sh. I never looked
into it.

Aside from that there is a huge ton of other ACME clients in various
programming languages. AFAIR Let's Encrypt web page has a list.

Best,
--
Martin